Can openers these days can be found in every kitchen. This is a handy tool when it comes to opening cans. Buying a can opener is not an easy task in today’s scenario.
Types of Can Openers Available in the Market
If you browse online, you might get confused as there are so many options available. There are many genuine websites that can help you purchase the right can opener.
If you are looking for good quality branded can openers, you can look at reviews offered by Can Cutters on some of the stylish and best designs in can openers.
The most common can openers that you would come across are:
- Electric Can Openers
- Non – Electric Can Openers
Electric can openers are easy and convenient to use. They can be operated with a push of a button. These are beneficial in healthcare facilities or retirement homes where 50 cans can be opened in a day. In electric cans, you also have different options such as:
- Cordless Can Openers – These are battery operated, portable can openers
- Industrial Can Openers – These are used by food companies for opening large cans
- Electric Countertop Can Openers – These are stand alone versions and are useful in opening multiple cans
- Side Cutting Electric Can Openers – These cut along the side of the can, thereby preventing injuries from sharp edges
- Under Counter Electric Can Openers – These can easily be attached to cabinets or drawers and saves a lot of space
Non Electric or manual can openers requires you to turn the crank for removing the top of cans. These can accommodate a single can at a time. Some of the options available in manual can openers include:
- Wall Mounted Can Openers – Can be mounted on walls or cupboards
- Novelty Can Openers – These are available as key chains or mementos and can be used during emergencies
- Vintage Military Can Openers – These are small openers that come with hinged metal tooth to open cans
- Handheld Can Openers – Are portable and can be used to carry during picnics
Selection Criteria While Choosing Can Openers
Not all can openers will be suitable for you. You cannot use a bottle opener for opening cans. They serve a different purpose. You first need to decide, whether you require an electric or manual can opener. Why do you need one?
Secondly what type of can opener would suit your purpose? If you have pets, then you might need to use countertop or wall mounted can openers. What are the additional features you are looking out in can openers?
Can openers need to be cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. This will help to prolong unit life of the can openers.